Omotola Jalade, who is of Ondo descent, was born in February 1978 in Lagos State. She grew up in a family of five, her parents and two younger brothers, Tayo and Bolaji Jalade. Her mother, Oluwatoyin Jalade née Amori Oguntade, worked at J.T Chanrai Nig, and her father, Oluwashola Jalade, worked with the YMCA and the Lagos Country Club7
Omotola is a Nigerian actress, singer, founder Oyep, UNWFP ambassador ,Amnesty international activist ,One of 2013 Time 100 most influential in the world, MFR, The Inimitable African Magic, philanthropist and former model. Since her Nollywood film debut in 1995, the leading actress has appeared in over 300 films, selling millions of video copies. After receiving numerous high-profile awards, launching a music career, and amassing an enviable fan base, the press has revered the Screen Nation “Best Actress” as the “African Magic”. She is the first African celebrity to receive over 1 million likes on her Facebook page She currently has a total of 3 million followers on Facebook, Omotola also celebrated over 1million followers of instagram, and presently have over 2million followers on Instagram.
Beyond her show business accomplishments, she is also applauded for her remarkable humanitarian efforts. Omotola is one of the pioneers of the video film era of Nigerian cinema, becoming the most watched actress in Africa.
In 2012, Omotola launched her own reality show, Omotola: The Real Me, on Africa Magic Entertainment, a M-Net subsidiary broadcast on DStv. This made Omotola the first Nigerian celebrity to star in her own reality show.
In 2013, she was honoured in Time magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world alongside Michelle Obama, Beyoncé and Kate Middleton. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omotola_Jalade_Ekeinde)
In early 2013, Omotola made her US television debut in VH1’s scripted series, Hit the Floor. On 2 November 2013, she spoke at the 2013 edition of the WISE Summit, held in Doha, Qatar.
In 2014, she was honoured by the Nigerian government as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic, MFR for her contributions to Nigerian cinema
Omotola Awards Include:
• The Movie Awards (THEMA) (Best Actress English 1997),
• City People awards for Excellence(Best Actress 2004),
• Global Excellence Recognition Awards(Best Actress & Grand Achiever 2004),
• Civil Enlightenment Organization of Nigeria (CEON)(Best Individual & Symbol of Creativity 2004),
• NUSEC Awards (Best Actress 2004),
• 1st Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA)(Best Actress in a Supporting Role 2005),
• Youths Benefactor’s Award(Most friendly Actress 2006),
• 2011 Ghana Movie Awards(Best Actress-Africa Collaboration 2011),
• Eloy Awards(Actress of the Year 2012),
• Screen Nation Awards(Pan African Best Actress 2012),
• Black Entertainment Film Fashion Television and Arts Awards (BEFFTA) (Film Actress Icon 2012),
• 2012 Golden Icons Academy Movie Awards(GIAMA Humanitarian Award 2012),
• Music Video and Screen Awards (MVISA) (Ebony Vanguard Award 2013)
• 2013 Nollywood Movies Awards (Popular Online Choice 2013),
• Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival (Best Actress 2017),
• Nollywood Travel Film Festival(Best Actress 2017).
Omotola has been an important figure and hold a great personality both on TV and behind the scene, with great fashion sense, she is a good mother and a good wife and has always separated her social media life from her personal life. I think she deserves a thumbs up for that.